Why am I not as productive today as yesterday? Why is my energy lower today? Why does this advice X and strategy Z not work for me?
Well, we are not machines.
We are human.
As humans we...
- are complex, not just complicated like machines
- don't derive their self-worth from the throughput or amount of to-dos checked off
- are emotional and social, not rational (most of the time)
- have fears and limiting beliefs who get in the way
- are unpredictable, A does not necessarily lead to B
- come with a history
- are unique, with different personalities, values, needs, goals and definitions of success
- don't remember everything we've been taught
- (mostly) want to do good
- can change our minds
- make mistakes
- are creative
- are mortal
and yet, many learning programs, business and self-help books try to sell us "If you do X, Y and Z, you'll get result Q and be successful."
As if a step by step guide would work for everyone, just as if you executed a computer program.
I believe there is no one-size fits it all strategy for everyone eg on how to life a good life or how to build a business. When trying to find advice it's good to remember this and always listen to what feels good rsp makes sense for oneself and one's unique way.