I know, its already Wednesday. I should really have done it on Saturday! But late is better than never, and life is too precious to live unexamined.
? What I discovered about myself
- I really have no aptitude with the outdoors. I feel massively out of place outside of the city. This is probably because 1) I have a lack of spatial awareness 2) I'm generally not very observant or careful and am often clumsy 3) For as long as I can remember, any trip out of the city has often inundated me with injuries of some sort, or sickness. I have no idea why. I laid down on the grass last week and returned home with 12 bites.
- I have no aptitude with anything sports-related. This is because 1) I don't know what my body is capable of. For as long as I can remember, it wasn't capable of much. I'd happily go ice-skating and come home with a ligament tear. I'd open a window and injure my wrist for 2 years. My childhood was filled with doctor appointments and MRI scans. 2) I am a very slow learner when it comes to understanding how to play the sport, or even just engage with it. A simple explanation from others just won't cut it. I simply don't understand what it means when someone explains it, or how it feels. For example, something as simple as walking downhill is challenging. I'm often told to turn my body sideways to get more stability, but I just cannot feel what is explained to me. I guess the closest thing I can relate to is how some dyslexic people are inherently struggling with reading and writing. I'm like that with sports. If anyone knows what I mean and can articulate better, feel free to let me know!
? What I learnt this week:
- It's been 6 months since I stopped working. It's terrifying and liberating at the same time.
- I've been told that eye-rolling, providing tough love, and being brutally honest are my trademarks. I never knew that!
- I learnt sales techniques. Turns out, they all have names like dance moves! I wish I knew them sooner.
- I recorded myself when I was on the phone with a potential client, and I realize I "ummm" and "aahhhh" a lot. This has got to change.
? What was great this week:
- I learnt how to kayak! It's ridiculous how hard it actually is to do well. I've learnt that you need to move your legs, not just your arms. You need to push and pull with the paddle. It was so fun I even felt high the day after. I just signed up to do it again this weekend!
? Not so great:
- Was hit by oxytocin makes me extremely distracted, miserable, fills me with self-doubt, and generally, it's not a good feeling to have. This happens involuntarily, and I'm always surprised by how powerful it is. It drains you mentally and physically, and worse of all affects sleep and your mood. The best thing to do is obviously to avoid inducing it as much as possible, but it takes quite a bit of willpower, which I often don't have. I guess the next best thing to do is to distract yourself and hope that it weans off.
- I'm now paralysed by the pricing models of my new project. And I've kinda just left it aside for now.
?What I will do better next week:
- Think about how to move forward with the project. Actually have some sort of strategy and just take it forward.
- People say often things they don't mean. More often than you think. See what they do, not what they say.