A heavy shoulder purse that you wear on one side will mess up your posture. They are really bad for you.
I am not a purse person and I have always used a backpack to take my laptop and things to work. However, I lost my backpack when I was moving and had to use a purse to take everyday things with me.
After using it for two weeks, I can't wait to go back. I just need to find a good one in the meantime.
However, I noticed that a lot of people around me use a purse and I wonder why. I haven't asked them about it but here is what I think is going on:
- It's normal for them. It's what they have seen their parents use.
- Purses are stylish and go well with any outfit.
- Everyone else around them uses it.
- It might be the norm in their work setting.
- Influence of movies.
- It's hard to wear and remove a backpack than a purse.
- It's weird to wear a backpack as you grow up.
Whatever the reasoning is, everyone should try a backpack. It's better for posture and it can also help distribute weight.