I wrote this post to motivate myself to wrap this dreadful year with a bang. This year's ridiculous series of events is teaching me that it is possible to deal with difficulties for a limited time over a never ending slow torture. I am determined to squeeze more out of 2020 before it is gone for good. This quote captures exactly what I feel
“A writer - and, I believe, generally all persons - must think that whatever happens to him or her is a resource. All things have been given to us for a purpose, and an artist must feel this more intensely. All that happens to us, including our humiliations, our misfortunes, our embarrassments, all is given to us as raw material, as clay, so that we may shape our art.” ― Jorge Luis Borges
So I want to do it with people here that helped me make 2019 an amazing year. We are already in pain, lets just use that to move the needle before 2021? Instead of having 2020 happening to us, lets us happen to 2020.
Below are my updates on goals for the first 10 days:
1. Complete 1st draft of the book I have started: 0% - NOT started
2. Get a python certification: 50% - Completed Week 3/Week 6 of course content needed for exams.
3. Improve my sleep routine to get 8 hours of sleep: 20% - Slight improvements here. In progress.
4. Do an interview of a mentor: 20% Started this already. Will wrap it up tomorrow.
5. Work on setting up a social innovation company: 30% In the works via meeting, research and logistics.
Takeaways before the 80 days to 2021 mark. Focus on #1 - book draft
Along with me, a few people have made some commitments and I want to call on the rest of the group to share their status.